Total Pageviews

Monday 27 June 2011

Day 16 June 23rd, 2011 Irricana, Alberta to Drumheller, Alberta

This morning Brian woke up and his eyes were swollen shut.  He thinks he had an allergic reaction to some flavoured peanuts he ate last night.  He looked like Uncle Festus from the Addams Family.   On our travels today, a pharmacy was located and we purchased an antihistamine.  I was on my way out of the campground by 8:55 a.m.  It was a beautiful sunny morning (17 degrees).  My first task was to go north on Highway 9.  When I got to the intersection I turned the wrong way, but my trusty compass soon pointed out my mistake and I turned around.  In 12 km, I passed the town of Beiseker on my left.  Next I rolled past the town of Acme and turned East on to Hwy 575.  Rolling countryside, pasture lands and fields were everywhere. There were some climbs, but very manageable with a few gear changes.   Lots of Redtail hawks were about, some following me.  They would thrust their head forward and scream to the sky’s just like in a Clint Eastwood movie.  The day got hotter and when I got to Drumheller it was 27 degrees.  Drumheller is famous for the dinosaur discoveries here in the Badlands.  Looking at the short front legs of the Tyranosaurus Rex, we think perhaps Sassy has dinosaur blood in her!  Tonight, the sky clouded over and the wind changed around and dust blew through the city.  Total kilometres today was 75.


No comments:

Post a Comment