Total Pageviews

Wednesday 15 June 2011

Day 7, 14Jun2011 Sorrento to Salmon Arm to Sicamous, B.C.

It rained all night.  It sounded wonderful on the outer skin of the Airstream.  I was apprehensive about riding in the rain, but I really wanted to make Sicamous (pronounced Sick-A-Moose).  I decided to wear my Livestrong shirt and change my mental outlook...positive kharma! (Thanks for the shirt Betty.)  I put the shirt under my lime green, long sleeve biking shirt.  After a hearty breakfast of porridge, I was on the road by 8:15 a.m.  It was overcast, but it looked like I was heading for the sunshine.  I've come to realize that communities are typically built in valleys where the soil settled and the roads were built in the mountains......for no apparent reason!!!  The temperature was 13 degrees and I soon fell in love with the day.  I arrived in the busy city of Salmon Arm at 9:35 a.m.  The mountains rose from Salmon Arm (the name of the large river in the city) and rose into the clouds and disappeared.  The climb out of Salmon Arm was a long workout, but the scenery was so beautiful.  I arrived in Sicmous around lunchtime.  I cycled 61 km.  Brian was happy to head to the Eagle River Golf Club, while Sassy and I took the afternoon off.

No comments:

Post a Comment