Total Pageviews

Monday 27 June 2011

Day 18, 25th June, 2011 (Saturday)

Happy Birthday Drew! Wish we could be with you and Kate today.....! We woke up this morning, to gale force winds and pounding rain.  We hunkered down and waited for the weather to improve.  After lunch, the rain stopped.  I headed down the road towards Youngstown, Alberta.  The terrain was flat and I was able to move along nicely.  The winds were from the South, blowing across my bike, but not too strong.  My bike is only 15 pounds (Cannondale “Synapse”).  I cycled 52 km to Youngstown.  We decided not to go any farther as it was 4 p.m. and wanted to find a campsite for the night.  We picked the perfect spot.  Sassy was in heaven.  There was a gopher colony on site.  She ran all over the place checking out their holes.  Gordon and Anna, Gillian and Nathan, you would have laughed at her!




No comments:

Post a Comment