Total Pageviews

Monday 27 June 2011

Day 20 - 27 June 2011 (Monday) Alsask, Sask. to Kindersley, Saskatchewan

Highway 9 turns into Highway 7 once you cross into Saskatchewan.  Today is a short day.  We need to stop in Kindersley to get groceries and do the laundry.  We need to stock up on fresh water for the trailer too.  We don't drink it though.  With our apologies to the environment, we are going through bottled water like crazy.  Whoever said the Prairies are flat, has not cycled around Kindersley!  There are some good climbs especially around Flaxcombe.  The winds were coming out of the East today, but not too hard.  The roadway is pretty good, with a nice wide shoulder.  The sunshine felt so good on my face.  I haven't seen any other riders in a long time, but I know they pretty much stick to the Trans-Canada Highway.  I reached Kindersley by lunch time.  Total ride today is 60 km.  I am attaching Brian's photo of the sunset last night.  Anne

During the ride, and just before Flaxcombe we came across some construction.  I (Brian) had been scouring the landscape for an antelope.  Of course, where do I see one, yes, while being led through the construction zone by a lead vehicle.  Yes to say the least I was !!!!!!!!  Oh well, maybe another time.

Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment