Total Pageviews

Monday 1 August 2011

Day 55 - 01 August, 2011 - Port Perry, Ontario to Havelock, Ontario

Ye-Haw descent.  Road to Janetville at the bottom.
When we woke up this morning at 6:30 a.m. it was hot and sunny (26 degrees Celcius).  As I left Port Perry there was alot of people on the lake and on the shore fishing.  It was very peaceful.  I was very happy with a westerly wind today.  Lot's of big climbs with "Ye-Haw" descents!  In Cavan I turned north on to Cty Road 10.  We are trying to avoid the multi-lane Hwy 115.  Heading north there were lots of climbs and a slight headwind.  Soon enough I turned east again on Hwy 9 which was a wonderful Eco area.  Ponds with bullrushes, bugs, birds, snakes and lots of frogs hopping around.  We arrived in Peterborough and stopped for lunch at Ricki's.  I was happy to cool off in the air conditioning.  I have drunk tons of water today.  After lunch I finished working my way through Peterborough taking Lansdowne which turned into Highway 7.  The traffic had picked up considerably but the road was in good shape.  The Civic holiday weekend has provided virtually no tractor/trailer's.  Drew and Kate were waiting for us in Havelock.  They had spent the weekend with Bo and Melissa and were enroute home.  We were so happy to see them!  After Havelock I cycled a few more kilometers to our turnoff for the Red Setter Resort/Campground.   Total today 110 km.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you were in Peterborough. we were too! Make sure you stop in Moncton for a cool drink and some Lobster. When do you figure you will be there?

    ReplyDelete