Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 63 - 09 August, 2011 - St. Romauld, Quebec to L'Islet, Quebec

Another overcast, gloomy looking day......and chilly this morning.  Kind of between a hoodie and a bike shirt.  I was on Hwy 132 by 8 a.m. and tackling steep hills.  Brian tore my bike apart last night and the gears were firing! I had a stiff headwind today and had trouble keeping myself fired up.  I felt like Eyore looking for his tail.  Whoa is me!  I stopped for a sandwich and a glass of milk at 11 a.m.  I kept going, but still struggled with the wind, despite the beautiful scenery.  Lot's of local cyclists out enjoying the day and the bike lanes. Following the St. Lawrence Seaway is awe-inspiring! Brian showed up at one of our "meets" with a Tim Hortons coffee and a donut.  What a guy!  I must say, I felt more like Tigger after that! We stopped for the night at Municipal du Rocher Panet Campground in the town of l'Islet.  We stopped in L'Islet 5 years ago and toured the Marine Museum.  Total today 82 km.  (Total mileage to date 5338 km.)

Which Way Did He Go


Work Horses on Highway 132


Farmlands of Gaspe


No comments:

Post a Comment