Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 66 – 12th August, 2011 – Riviere-du-Loup, Quebec to St. Simon, Quebec

Rain, rain go away....Anne needs to ride her bike today!  It started off, as a warm, misty rain as I made my way through Riviere-du-Loup on Hwy 132.  I flagged Brian down on the east side of the city at a Normandin Restaurant.  We stopped for breakfast, hoping the rain would stop.  But it got worse!  As my Godmother would say, “It was chucking it down!”  After riding for about 6 km, I hit a construction zone.  I should have known that when the traffic guard said, “Bonne Chance!” I was in trouble.  At one point, myself and another cyclist were walking our bikes through people’s backyards.  I couldn’t help but laugh.  Brian was totally re-routed to Hwy 20.  I stopped at a convenience store to text Brian and take a picture of my feet.  On the up side, I was able to buy an English newspaper....the Globe and Mail.  We haven’t been able to find any English newspapers!  While I was paying for the paper, one of the ladies asked for my camera and took a picture of my back.  What a mess.  Brian eventually got back on Hwy 132 and we moved on to Trois Pistole’s.  Lot’s of big climbs and the temperature was dropping.  Fog settled in and we decided we had better find a spot for the night in St. Simon.  Total today 76 km.  Total to date 5,510 km.


Riding in Rain is Dirty Business

No comments:

Post a Comment