Total Pageviews

Monday 15 August 2011

Day 69 - 15 August, 2011 - Near Atholville, New Brunswick to Petit Rocher,New Brunswick

Gloomy, cloudy day!  I started with a killer hill going into Tide Head....which is the Fiddlehead capitol of New Brunswick, according to the sign.  Today was a double H day.  Hills and a headwind, and I didn't feel like I had my climbing legs!  Went on to Atholville and then to Campbellton.  Brian scooped us a coffee in Campbellton and after that, I was into it!  We were enjoying beautiful scenery along the Chaleur Bay.  At times it was foggy, but I had a nice wide shoulder along Hwy 134 and traffic was light.  This route is called the Acadian Scenic Route.  We stopped for lunch along the bay in Charlo.  After lunch the sun popped out for a while.  The hills were punishing all the way to Belladune.  After that it levelled out.  There were lots of sawmills and pulp and paper processing plants.  It rained for about half and hour, then cleared.  Tonight we are camped at Murraywood Sur Mer Campground in Petit Rocher.  Since we crossed into New Brunswick, the clock advanced 1 hour.  Total today 112 km.





Campbellton Salmon

No comments:

Post a Comment