Total Pageviews

Monday 15 August 2011

Day 68 – 14 August, 2011 – Sayabec, Quebec near Atholville, NEW BRUNSWICK!

Happy Birthday Aunt Iris and Cassie! It rained steadily through the night, so I wasn’t sure what the weather would bring today.  After breakfast we packed up and drove back to where Brian picked me up on Hwy 132.  Overcast skies but a pleasant 19 degrees, when I set off at 8:45 a.m.  A few steep hills to climb, but I soon heard the church bells ringing in Causapscal.  It was 10:50 a.m. and I know the bells were ringing for the service to begin, but for me, it was lunchtime!  I flagged Brian down and we went to a great little cafe that served up a terrific Homard (Lobster) Club Sandwich.  My Fisher”men” love their seafood!  Moving on....the road followed the Riviere A Saumon.  We saw people fly fishing in the river.  I saw a couple in a rowboat and it looked like the perfect way to spend the day....if you weren’t on a bike! The river was on my right and a huge rock face was on the left with trees as far as the eye could see.  I found Daniel and Natalie stopped at a rest stop.  They had a trailer identical to ours!  We had a nice chat and Brian joined us, when he caught up.  They are doing an ATV holiday in the Gaspe and live near Gatineau, Quebec.   But the skies were darkening! We felt like Smokie and the Bandit and the Smokie was the storm (that made us the Bandit)!  So I kept peddling.  New Brunswick was within our grasp.  We crossed over the river in to New Brunswick at 2:25 p.m., near Atholville.  Merci Quebec...Au Revoir!  Bon Jour, Nouveau Brunswick!  Total today 107 km.

Terrain of the Gaspe

Travelling Twins

No comments:

Post a Comment