Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 August 2011

Day 72 - 18 August, 2011 - St. Margarets, New Brunswick to Shediac, New Brunswick

I know New Brunswick (and most of the Maritimes) have not had a sunny summer, but we are enjoying another great day! After I got going this morning, the groundskeeper from the Golf Course, came over and invited Brian to join him for a coffee.  What a nice way to start the day! The first half of the ride was  great, nice terrain, pretty rivers and lush green forests.  Brian stopped in Rexton for groceries, then met up with me further down Hwy 11.  That is when I gave him the news about my seat....it was like riding a bucking bronco! Hard to keep your bum in the saddle. Brian got some tools and did what he could, but he couldn't fix it.  I just had to find a spot on the seat and not move!  I had 44 km to get to Shediac.  I was glad that I didn't have any big climbs.  However I came to a construction zone where the asphalt had been removed and it was like riding on an accordion!  That continued for 10 km.  Once I got to Shediac, I cycled to the famous giant lobster.  After lunch at Captain Dan's on the wharf we loaded up the bike and drove into Moncton to Fitworks Cycle Shop.  Rheal was able to fix the seat.  Merci Beaucoup!  Our friends Sue and Randy met us for coffee after supper.  We will be spending more time with them in Moncton after the ride is done!  Today's total 100 km and the Grandtotal is now 6077 km.  Nova Scotia, here we come!




Randy, Sue, Anne and Brian


.

No comments:

Post a Comment