Total Pageviews

Friday 1 July 2011

Day 23 – 30 June, 2011 (Thursday) Rosetown, Saskatchewan to Kenaston, Saskatchewan

It was great having yesterday off, but I was anxious to get going this morning.  At 6:50 a.m. it was already 18 degrees.  Highway 7 continued north to Saskatoon, so I headed east on Highway 15.  The sun was obscured most of the day by clouds, so I didn’t feel I was baking in the sun.  The roadway was made up of gently rolling hills and the wind was primarily to my back.  THE PERFECT DAY!  Bright, yellow canola fields, lots of wheat fields and pasture lands surround us.  Some sections of Hwy 15 had newly poured asphalt, and other sections had old, pebbly asphalt with frost faults.  The whole thing was 100 km/hr.  The only really steep incline was after crossing the Outlook Bridge which was over the South Saskatchewan River.  The grass bugs (gnats) and mosquito’s were quick to move in, as I crawled up the hill.  I saw 2 moose today and Brian saw a coyote.  Saskatchewan still has a lot of water laying around.  Total km today 129.   




No comments:

Post a Comment