Total Pageviews

Monday 25 July 2011

Day 48 - July 25th, 2011 Serpent River, Ontario to Little Current, Ontario

I was up early this morning and on the road by 7:15 a.m. knowing I had some miles to do.  It was 18 degrees and overcast.  It was a beautiful morning, very peaceful!  I put a deer up when I was changing gears and the deer ran with me along a hydro cut until she found an opening in the forest...and she was gone.  There were a few little villages I went through, but otherwise it was just the road and rock cuts and bush.  Just before I reached Massey I passed "Seldon Seen Road".  (But I saw it!)  Another dot on the map was Webbwood, that boasts the first female mayor in Canada (Barbara Hanley).  I met up with Brian at the intersection of Highway 17 and Highway 6 for a coffee at TIM HORTONS!! After our coffee break, I turned south on Highway 6 and went through Espanola.  Then the fun began.  Hills, hills and more hills....all the way to Birch Island.  The roadway flattened out after Birch Island, but the wind was gusting big time and full on.  Still this was one of my best days.  I still had gas in the tank at the end.  We crossed over the North Channel onto Manitoulin Island!  A little explanation about the accompanying photo.  Brian and I have TV 1 out of 3 nights, so the other nights we play either cards or Scrabble.  My choice is always Scrabble and Brian's choice is anything but Scrabble (even though he usually wins!)  Total km today 118.



Weather Vane-Foxtail Grass

No comments:

Post a Comment