Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 July 2011

Day 32, Richer Manitoba to Falcon Lake Manitoba 9Jul2011

"Should I or Shouldn't I"
We woke up to rain this morning.  So I did some more laundry.  For those of you who haven't been to a laundramat lately, the campground was cheap.  It was only $1.50 for a washload and $1.00 for 30 minutes of drying.  In Drumheller, we paid $4.25 per washload!  The rain stopped and I set off at 11:45 a.m.  It was still overcast, hot and humid.  After 15 km. the narrow shoulder disappeared completely and I was forced to ride in a live lane of traffic and it was busy.  There was a head wind, but it wasn't gusting.  I saw lots of deer and Brian saw a bear.  The countryside was still pretty.  Lush and green and forest as far as the eye could see.  For the last 15 km. my nice wide shoulder was back and the wind had switched around, now coming from the west.  Now the bugs could really keep up with me.  They were a force to be reckoned with.  One mean deer fly, got stuck in my helmet.  I got bitten a few times on my ears yesterday and putting on the sunscreen this morning stung a bit.  Joys of the job!  We rolled into Falcon Lake around 3:15 p.m.  Total km today 86.  TOMORROW ONTARIO!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment