Total Pageviews

Thursday 21 July 2011

Day 44 - 21 July, 2011 - Montreal River, Ontario to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario

Another overcast day, and it was humid.  Only 21 degrees too.  Good conditions for spending alot of time on a bicycle.  I just had a tough time, willing my legs to peddle, today.  After only 2 1/2 hours in the saddle, I met Brian in Batchewana at "The Cookhouse" and treated ourselves to a hearty breakfast.  I pressed on and saw two sandbill cranes.  I was only able to get a photo of one of them, before they were back in the bush.  The roadway ran beside Lake Superior and I could hear the waves lapping up on the shore.  By 12:30 p.m. the sun was out and the wind had picked up.  I was happy the wind was primarily behind me.  Hills started picking up in intensity near Goulais River and the grand-daddy of them all was waiting for me, 22 km. out of the Soo.  Locals call it One Mile Hill and it is as tough as anything in B.C.! My hands were numb at the top! The only good thing about One Mile Hill is.....it is behind me now!!! We arrived in Sault Ste. Marie at 2 p.m.  We are staying at the Glenview R.V. Campground.  Total 91 km.

Warning Leaving the Cook House!
Sand Crane in there somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment