Total Pageviews

Monday 11 July 2011

Day 34, 11Jul 2011 Kenora Ontario to Dryden, Ontario

Happy Birthday Uncle Herb! We had a little visitor last night and we will attach a picture.  We think he is about 1 month old.  He and a family of deer hung around for a while.  At one point the fawn was playing "chicken" with the traffic nearby! 
When I left the campsite this morning, it was overcast and about 18 degrees.  Perfect cycling weather and the wind was coming from the North West.  It took 14 km to get out of Kenora and back on to Highway 17 east.  The ride today was so beautiful.  I couldn't wait to get to the top of the hill or around the corner to see what was waiting for me.  We were surrounded by lakes, forests, wildflowers and rock cuts.  At one of my stops, Brian had a fishing line in the water at Lake Percy.  Some of the lakes had water lilies blooming.  As we got closer to Vermillion Bay, the wind started gusting.  We stopped in the parking lot of Busters Bar-B-Que.  We debated whether to go in or just make something in the trailer.  Brian talked me into going inside for a meal.  As we walked closer to the door, we saw a bunch of OPP cruisers.  We sat down at a table and we recognized our good friend Cst. Kevin Gorman of the Underwater Search and Recovery Unit (Dive Team).  I was Kevin's coach officer in Orillia.  I think it was about 2001-2002.  We caught up with Kevin over lunch and I was back on the road heading towards Dryden.  Enroute to Dryden, I recalled some of the calls Kevin and I went to and the miles flew by.  (Remember Billy and Sam, Kevin?)  We are camped at Birchland Trailer Park tonight.  Total km today 128


No comments:

Post a Comment