Total Pageviews

Sunday 17 July 2011

Day 39 – 16 July, 2011 Dorion, Ontario to Rossport, Ontario

It was overcast again today and foggy.  I was on the road by 8:25 a.m.  The ride to Nipigon was nice and Brian and I met for coffee at Tim Horton’s 10:15 a.m.  After Nipigon Hwy 11 and 17 diverge.  I stayed on Highway 17 and the hills were brutal! Long climbs up through huge rock cuts.  It reminded me of the Rockies!  It has been a while since I have used my “granny” gears, but today was the day.  Once at the top though, the views of Lake Superior were amazing.  There were some great downhill runs too.  I finally got to Rossport at 3:20 p.m. and we found an amazing picnic/beach area right on Lake Superior to set up for the night.  Sassy loved the beach....thought she was back in Galveston!  Total 108 km today.  


Brian's Artistic Talents

No comments:

Post a Comment