Total Pageviews

Monday 4 July 2011

Day 26, July 3rd, 2011 - Regina, Saskatchewan to Wolsely, Saskatchewan

Yesterday Tour de France started and today Tour de Anne resumed.  Regina was just the pamper day that I needed.  Brian fine tuned my ride and I was on the road by 7:30 a.m..   Clear, blue skies and the sun was shining.  The wind came across my bike from the north/west.  Getting out of the city on this Sunday morning wasn't a problem.  Traffic was reasonably light.  The Trans Canada Highway, had a nice wide shoulder all the way to Qu'Appelle.  After Qu'Appelle, it narrowed down to only 2-3 feet. 
I stopped for a break in Indian Head, where the shot the series, "Little Mosque on the Prairie".   After Indian Head the shoulder widened out again.  About 15 km past Indian Head, I came across Bev and Martin (from Vancouver Island) who are also making the Trans-Canada trek.  We cycled together until we reached Wolsely.  The temperature had reached 27 degrees. We had lunch together then Bev and Martin continued on.  They had just started their days adventure from Indian Head, so were happy to continue on.  Brian and I camped in Wolsely, near the grain elevator.  Around midnight we had a terrific thunderstorm move through.  Sassypants became scaredycat!  100 km today.


No comments:

Post a Comment