Total Pageviews

Friday 22 July 2011

Day 45 - Sault Ste. Marie - REST DAY--22Jul2011

We decided to take today and travel to someplace that I have always wanted to visit.  Mackinac Island.  We took a ferry ride from St. Ignace, Michigan to Mackinac Island.  No vehicle's are allowed on the island, so you travel, by foot, bicycle or horse.  WE DID NOT RIDE A BIKE TODAY!!! We found the Grand Hotel, where alot of the movie, "Somewhere In Time' was filmed.  The movie featured Christoper Reeve and Jane Seymour.  The temperature reached 32 degrees today, so I was glad I wasn't riding today.  I feel rested and ready to go tomorrow.  In closing I would like to thank our friends, Tom and Barb who identified the little song bird who has been keeping me company on my ride.  It is a white throated sparrow, common to this region of the Canadian Shield.
Canada Goose Feeding in Lake Huron

enjoying a quiet moment 


THE GRAND HOTEL-MACKINAC ISLAND

No comments:

Post a Comment