Total Pageviews

Monday 25 July 2011

Day 47 – 24 July, 2011 – Thessalon to Serpent River, Ontario

I had a 2-3 km run up the Brownlee Sideroad, before I got back to where I left off yesterday.  On the Brownlee Sideroad, I passed a 12 sided barn built in the 1800’s that the Amish use to sell their goods.  It was overcast today and it wasn’t humid, making it nice for cycling.  The road to Serpent River was for the most part flat.  I just had a darn headwind, otherwise it was perfect.  I had pretty views of the North Channel of Lake Huron.  I met Brian for coffee at the Tim Horton’s in Blind River after cycling 45 kilometers.  It was hard to get going again!  The traffic had picked up and so had the wind.  I reached Serpent River at 1:15 p.m.  We drove to McDonalds in Elliott Lake and updated the blog for yesterday and checked our email.  We have had 100 hits on our blog since we checked it 3 days ago.  Your support is encouraging and much appreciated! We returned to where I left off on Hwy 17 and are camped in a truck scale lot for the night.  Total 76 km today.

If You need this sign--Darwin Award


Blind River


  

No comments:

Post a Comment