Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 42 - 19 July, 2011 - White River, Ontario to Wawa, Ontario

Today I am heading mainly South.  I left White River around 7:50 a.m.  The temperature was already 21 degrees and the sun was rising from my left.  The road was shaded until about 9:30 a.m. and then it was all sunshine.  Today I had less arduous climbs with flat portions in between.  With this changed landscape, came the impatient drivers, passing irregardless of the cyclist!  I headed for the gravel shoulder more than once.  My first rendezvous with Brian produced a welcomed coffee.  What a treat! Brian and I have seen moose along the way but today Brian was able to get some great photo's.  There was a calf but it made a hasty retreat into the forest.  There is virtually nothing but wilderness between White River and Wawa. There is a bird that lives in these parts of Ontario and it has a 3 note soprano song and one calls to another.  They are abundant as I hear them all the time.  I keep looking to see the bird, but no luck so far.  We are staying at the Wawa R.V. Campground.  Brian was getting a case of putting fever, so he headed of to the golf course, after we set up camp, for treatment.  Total 86 km.

Mama hung around, baby ran into bush


"And they say everything is bigger in Texas"

No comments:

Post a Comment